- The 2016/2017 Elective Year will run from May 23, 2016 – April 30, 2017
- Application dates cannot over lap between two elective years. Electives must end on Friday May 20, 2016 (within the 15/16 year) or start on May 23 for the 15/16 year.
BLACKOUT DATES / CAPACITY RESTRICTIONS
- Electives are not offered during the Christmas period. This will be Dec 19, 16-Jan 1, 2017
- Students at Canadian Schools can apply 7 months in advance; Students at International schools can apply 6 months in advance. Placement is based on capacity in the requested electives on a first come, first serve basis. Students are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as they are eligible. Applications are then held until the UBC students have been placed.
- We are unable to provide feedback on capacity until the placement process has commenced, student will be provided information regarding the placement timeline upon submitting an application.
- See Placement & Confirmation Process for complete details regarding the methodology, and procedures for elective placements..
ELECTIVES OFFERED IN 2016/2017
- Please use the Electives List 16, 17 for information on what electives are offered or access the catalogue on our online application system.
- At the time of submitting an application, the UBC system will allow students to search electives based on what electives are offered for the length of the application (2/4 weeks) and any other additional search filter that is used (i.e. Department / Location etc.).